Book your flight to Perth on LASA website with Virgin Australia and receive
5% off your airfare!
Discount valid for the following:
Date 28-31 October 2012 ....
Location: Perth ....
5% discount on Saver, Flexi and Business Class domestic fares ....
Travel Period to/from Perth: 20October - 07November ....
Sale Period to 28 October ....
Australian Cities to/from Perth
LASA Inaugural Congress
Sunday 28 - Wednesday 31 October 2012
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
All submitted abstracts should contribute
to at least one of the following Congress
- Quality and workforce interface
- Defining the employer of choice
- Will Nurse Practitioners change service models?
- The future role of the general practitioner
- A changing staff profile/multicultural staff - cultural appropriateness or culturally aligned programs?
Care models of the future:Is there a solution to dementia?Will age related acuity change care models?Consumer directed care ? will it drive
service model reform?Person-centered approach ? changing
processes, practices and expectationsIntegrating primary care/community
care/acute careIntegrating models of health services ?
including Medicare Locals
Systems reform and financing aged care:Will the Productivity Commission Reform
recommendations really deliver?Can Australia afford a high quality aged
care system?Consumer co-contributions ? what does
'fair and equitable' mean?The aged care gateway ? solution or
problem?Helping the older person make long term
financial decisions that will maximise whole
of life care options
Applying technology in an ageing
- Will technology provide solutions to
- Can technology extend home based
- Integrating primary care and community
care in technology connected service
- Will technology truly make the patient/
client the centre of the service model?
- Cost and implementation of IT solutions
- PCeHR deployment in an aged care
Service models of the future:
- Will residential long term care homes be
required in twenty years?
- Will seniors housing provide building and
service offerings for whole of life?
- International comparisons ? lessons
learned from other countries
- Life long housing design
Changing patterns of clinical care:
- Advance care directives
- Palliative care in the home
- What happens to the disabled as
- Is mental health the forgotten service
component in an ageing society?
- Will dementia drive new clinical practices?
- Developing models of sub-acute service
Marketing aged care:
- Do community attitudes impact on
services and can they be changed?
- In a more market-oriented system will
aged care providers need to market their
- Is branding core to effective marketing?
- Can marketing change workers' attraction
to aged care as a career path option?
- Risk management in handling the media
in an aged care setting
- Niche marketing for specialised aged